Thursday, May 24, 2012

The most challenging lesson:

The most challenging times bring us the most empowering lessons. –Karen Salmansohn


I have had many challenging moments in my life many where I struggled so much to comprehend the lesson but, came out knowing that what I thought, did, or would do was wrong. One I remember clearly, one I still can't comprehend all the way, one that still comes out to haunt me at times, my reflection. Almost my whole life until about the 10th grade, I thought that the person in the mirror was not me. I wanted to believe I was more beautiful than I appeared before myself. To myself I seemed like the ugly duckling and everyone around me was oh so beautiful. 


He changed it all, God. I started going to church all of a sudden during the middle of the first semester. But, I knew it was ment to be. One time I went in and all the music and all the singing just made everything melt away... all my insecurity, all my hurt, (all) washed away. The sermon that night was about how God sees us; how he sees me. He talked about Samuel and how the lord said in 1 Samuel 16:7, But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” 


It set my heart on high clouds. When I looked in the mirror I now thought 'Life is too short to spend hoping that this or that was fixed or made better when I was beautiful from the get go; he made me perfect just the way I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment