Thursday, May 24, 2012

A skill I learned that will serve me well in the future:

I believe the best beneficial skill that will serve me well in the future is my people skills. My ability to listen, expressing my thoughts and feelings clearly, initiating relationships, etc.


Listening to others is a key element of communication. If you don't know what they mean, you can't give 


feedback.  Being open to their views. Being friendly during a conversation, even if the other person isn't so


friendly back. Showing them respect for their opinions.




Initiating relationships helps develop new contacts and new friends. For example: Going out of your way to


have conversations with new people; if you're usually the quite one that no one talks to make an effort


 to introduce yourself to strangers/new people.



Expressing your thoughts and feelings clearly helps people understand you better. Helps people understand what you are thinking and understand what kind of person you are. When people understand what kind of person you are they feel more comfortable to express themselves to you and to show you their true colors. they are no longer trying to hide themselves but to show you 'who they are.'

These I believe will benefit me much in my life because people skills I believe is very important not only to communicate with others properly but to also learn about others and have them trust you because you are open and you know how to listen and not just open your mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment